That's what they've done at Lincoln Park with herd animals such as the Arabian oryx, in which species the young naturally spend their time hiding while the mother comes and goes. Bartonella is a type bacteria that can be transmitted to cats, dogs and humans from exposure to infected fleas and…. Want to give your pup yummy, low-calorie treats? Not sure about food puzzles?
- 12 exercises Shaolin for the energy generation (Secrets of skill of Bruce Lee)!
- The Ultimate Sales Professional.
- Rainbows End: A Memoir of Childhood, War and an African Farm.
- Kigali the lioness eats her newborn cubs at Leipzig Zoo in Germany - CNN!
- Fusion: A collection of short stories from Breakwater Harbor Books’ authors.
Our veterinarian reveals why the payoff for your pet is well worth any extra work. The friendly and inquisitive LaPerm has an easy-care coat that comes in a variety of colors and patterns.
Check out our collection of more than videos about pet training, animal behavior, dog and cat breeds and more. Wonder which dog or cat best fits your lifestyle?
Our new tool will narrow down more than breeds for you. If the video doesn't start playing momentarily, please install the latest version of Flash. By Linda Lombardi May 22, Photo by Christian Sperka. Join the Conversation Like this article? As the species is native to warmer regions, our gibbon family will spend the winter in a private indoor area to stay cozy and warm together.
Miracle Baby | San Diego Zoo Global Wildlife Conservancy
Expect to see them this spring spending time in their outdoor habitat in Forests. In the wild, gibbons live high up in the rain forest canopies, rarely coming down to the ground.
Using their strong hook-shaped hands and great arm spans, gibbons swing almost effortlessly from branch to branch. Baby gibbons travel on their mothers until they grow strong enough to swing on their own. Known for their vocalizations, these lesser apes use their songs to communicate with other gibbons in the area, attract mates and announce their territory.
The white-handed gibbons are native to the forests of Southeast Asia, however threats like deforestation and hunting have reduced their numbers by more than half in the past 50 years.
Tips for taking your baby to the zoo: A celebration of motherhood firsts
The birth of our new gibbon will help raise awareness for the conservation of these endangered apes. Zoo Babies are presented by Hendricks Regional Health. Craft brews, Halloween activities and amazing animals — it all adds up to an incredible evening for adults only at…. The calf…. Workers at the Cincinnati Zoo have taken on a new role: surrogate mommy.
- Baby Animals and Their Moms (Because It’s Mother’s Day).
- Qualifying (Pinpoint Sales Skill Development Training Series).
- Molecular and Functional Models in Neuropsychiatry: 7 (Current Topics in Behavioral Neurosciences).
- Youngest Daughter and the Frog Prince;
- Beyond Slavery: The Multilayered Legacy of Africans in Latin America and the Caribbean (Jaguar Books on Latin America).
- Chimpanzee Born at the Maryland Zoo | The Maryland Zoo.
- The Chad Wilibanks Series.
Her mother rejected her. She was flown to Cincinnati, where two gorilla mothers were available for surrogacy. But before Gladys can be left in their care, a cast of zookeepers will have to step in and teach Gladys how to be a gorilla.